I am me

"How you seem to others and how you actually are, it is RARELY match. What other people think of you will rarely contain the whole truth."

Which is - fine by me.

I admit that sometimes i love to do stupid things. I posted stupid things on my fb. I watched fugly videos. Stick with my phone for hours looking at those make up live, teased people and laughed a lot. But who cares anyway?

Are you that serious 24/7? Your life must be boring then.

This is Afiqah and I'm doing things my way.

If you have set some expectations on me, please get rid of it. I don't live up to someone's expectations. I am not trying to be good or to have that better qualities as what you predicted or hoped for.I am just trying to be a better me, day by day, bit by bit.

I am no more better than a decent homosapien and not obligated to live up to everyone’s expectations.I do things because i care. Sometimes i do what i know it's the right thing to do. I share things because i love to share. It's in my blood. I am not doing things because everyone else expects me to do so.

Most of the time, i don't need others to hold my hand every step of the way. I go alone sometimes. That is why i'm here in this big city alone with no one by my side. I usually willing to go alone. And i don’t need anyone's permission to grow.

I am not perfect. Yes, i messed up sometimes. I did a lot, i mean, countless mistakes. I plan but life didn’t go as what i planned, and that’s okay. Truth be told, the unexpected is often better than the expected.I get to learn from my past. I learn from my mistakes. I improve myself. I decide how i'm going to learn along the way.

That was just how Howard Schultz did back then. He didn't give up after being turned down by banks more than 200 times. He moved forward. And now, starbucks are all over the world. Same goes to Walt Disnes with his Disney World. And all famous J. K. Rowling with Harry Potter.

So while i'm out there making decisions and mistakes, i'm pretty sure there are others who are striving for greatness too. And please bear in your mind - they are just like me.

We are not that drop-dead-serious-all-the-time.

My individuality can be openly celebrated and enjoyed with all of you. But i don't constantly seek for approval to do things because it steals the fun of life anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Afiqah Alias © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot